Monday, October 3, 2011

I am Yemeni and Proud


I come from an ancient land known as Arabia Felix.
I come from a land who's history and heritage goes back to thousands of years.
I come from a land that was ruled by two great women, Bilquis, Queen of Sheba and Arwa bint Ahmed.
I come from a land that was known for it's famous coffee valleys and varied grape vineyards.

I come from a country that has often been used and abused by rulers and their allies.
I come from a country that in economy, education, development, and health has the lowest indicators.
I come from a country that in the Arab world, is the poorest.
I come from a country that has been associated with terrorism and terrorists.

I come from a land often misconceived, misrepresented and misunderstood.
I come from a land often disregarded and subdued.
I come form a land in turmoil and it's people in plight for more the past eight months.
I come from a land facing a dire economic and humanitarian crisis.

I come from a country who's people demanded change by peaceful protests.
I come from country who's people are fighting for their basic human rights.
I come from a country who's people revolted against a brutal and corrupt regime.
I come from a country who's people are being massacred for opposing that regime.


I come from a country who's people are enduring hardships to live.
I come from a country who's regime takes away rights and services rather than give.


I come from a land who's youth have hopes and dreams of a better tomorrow.
I come from a land who's youth have potential and ambitions to overcome the sorrow.
I come from a land who's youth are committed to build a new civil nation.
I come from a land who's youth are resilient and determined to make it happen.

I come from a country mostly armed yet refused war as a solution.
I come from a country with the longest peaceful revolution.

I come from Yemen...and I am proud.

Stock photography of Yemen / Fotografie JEMEN

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful I Love it and we are so proud of Yemen and it's amazing mighty people and very proud of you Nun :)))

    ReplyDelete